Ascent Fam Office Adv Mg Director
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Ascent Private Capital Management of U.S. Bank exclusively serves ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clients with net worth in excess of $75MM. The Managing Director, Family Office Services (MD, FOS) supports our clients’ family office needs and personal financial data. This person is part of a critical discipline, and contributes to a dynamic team as part of a holistic wealth management/family office platform. The Director of FOS provides comprehensive and sophisticated net-worth management and planning services including: building and customizing client investment reporting portals/experiences, personalized net worth and cash flow reporting, information management and tax reporting coordination.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a CPA working in areas of income tax planning for UHNW individuals, trusts, closely-held businesses, and pass-through entities. The incumbent should possess general knowledge of estate, gift planning, estate reduction, wealth transfer strategies and charitable planning strategies. Most of all, the successful candidate will bring the experience and soft skills necessary to succeed as a trusted advisor to UHNW individuals, and will have an established track record of similar accomplishments.
This position shares responsibility for growing and supporting the UHNW family office practice with the Ascent Regional Office colleagues, and is further responsible for building and maintaining the FOS practice area.
• Bachelor’s degree required; CPA highly preferred
• 15+ years of overall work experience, 7+ years’ experience within family office, family-owned business, wealth management/financial planning firm, public accounting firm or other relevant experience working with/for UHNW clients
• Ability to independently create, analyze and review financial documents, including income statements, balance sheets and tax returns
• Strong proficiency in general ledger accounting and related software systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Sage Intacct, QuickBooks), and is required to have advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with an investment portfolio data aggregation and reporting platform preferred (e.g., Addepar, Black Diamond, PCR)
• Comfortable navigation of the entities typically used for planning purposes, including Partnerships, Trusts, Limited Liability Corporations, C & S Corporations, etc.
• Ability to analyze and provide solutions relative to income, gift and estate tax planning
• Demonstrated leadership skills, and strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Highly developed soft skills necessary to work intimately with families on highly sensitive, complex and confidential matters
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $154,955.00 - $182,300.00 - $200,530.00