Wealth Management Advisor- Sterling, IL
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
The Wealth Management Advisor (WMA) position is the investment planning and investment and insurance products lead on the Wealth Management Team. The WMA is responsible for facilitating the delivery of strategies and capabilities including portfolio management, trust administration, investment advisory and insurance. WMAs partner with the team to assist clients and families by gaining a thorough understanding of their unique goals and objectives and constructing appropriate goals-based investment portfolios. WMAs advise clients using U.S. Bank's Asset Management Group (AMG) or U.S. Bancorp Investment's open architecture where appropriate, to deliver economic and market views, investment strategy, manager/fund/security research and due diligence, and portfolio construction resulting in tailored investment management and insurance services based upon a client's unique situation.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of experience in a financial sales position, preferably working with the affluent client segment
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 license, and applicable state insurance license
- Considerable knowledge in financial planning, including but not limited to goals based planning, asset allocation, retirement planning, and education funding
- Considerable knowledge of the securities industry, including U.S. Bancorp Investments, investment and insurance products and services
- Extensive knowledge of private banking products and services, including credit processes and policies
- Ability to effectively present investment strategies to clients and maintains a holistic approach to planning
- Strong relationship management, sales and new business development skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with various computer software programs including the ability to use recommended desktop planning tools and processes
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.This role receives an annual base salary between $65,000 and $65,500 depending on the required state minimum plus eligibility for incentives based on employee’s production under the applicable incentive plan.