Head of Product Management - Corporate Payment Systems
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Product Managers at U.S. Bank are customer obsessed in driving product planning, visioning, managing, and the customer experience to deliver on our human + digital product strategy while staying one step ahead of evolving economic, technological, and customer needs.
The Head of Product for Corporate Payments Systems (CPS) is responsible for driving the product management strategy and supporting the growth of several market leading B2B payments businesses including: commercial card, freight invoice audit and payment, and the Voyager fleet businesses. Increasingly focused on digital, tech-led, and embedded payment solutions, this group works closely with peer groups in Corporate Payment and Treasury Solutions, U.S. Bank’s broader Payments organization, Corporate and Commercial Banking, and key channel and distribution partners.
The product leader collaborates with CPS business leaders, and Enabling teams (e.g., Technology, Digital) to create compelling value propositions to support business growth.
- Leads the development of the Corporate Payments Systems value propositions across businesses (commercial card, freight, and fleet) segments, solutions, and channels to grow revenue, Corporate and Commercial Banking client penetration, and total customers
- Designs, develops, and executes experiences for accounts payable, B2B disbursements, working capital optimization across channels
- Develops commercial and corporate segment perspectives to support development of compelling value propositions (includes research, reporting, and journey tracking)
- Creates reporting to provide full picture view of successes and areas of opportunity
- Enhances sales performance across channels through discipline and innovation
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in Commercial Card, B2B payments or Financial Services
KEY SKILLS – PRODUCT PROFITABILITY
- Plans, develops, and manages commercial card, freight, and fleet product financial performance, short- and long-term outcomes, and business value of product portfolio including connection to roadmap, Objectives and Key Results, and strategic investments.
PRODUCT STRATEGY, VISION, AND PLANNING
- Pulls from market and competitive insights, customer needs, and internal business priorities to create the product vision (target customer segments, markets, channels, go to market approach, and value propositions)
- Aligns this strategic vision with cross-functional stakeholders to shape product roadmap, investment areas and success measures
- Has technical know-how, understands the product technical architecture, understands the economics of technical investments, e.g., buy vs. build, total cost of ownership
- Drives product development and actively engages cross-functional stakeholders to enable faster speed to market and maximize return on spend in decision making for the product roadmap (e.g., issue resolution, MVP definition, ongoing prioritization)
- Prioritizes resources across developing new products and reimagining existing products
CHANNEL ALIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Manages across channels to define and deliver product performance goals (e.g., revenue, customer experience, etc.)
- Gathers competitive, customer, market, and internal business priorities to design, develop, and continually optimize digital solutions that drive adoption, engagement, and growth across both digital and human customer interactions
- Leverages enterprise platforms and capabilities, to improve speed to market and drive both development and ongoing support cost efficiencies e.g., provide more functionality for same investment or same amount of functionality for less investment.
- B2B product management experience (commercial card preferred) inclusive of successful product launches as well as iterations through Agile delivery method
- Experience managing multiple product teams and their respective team leaders
- Advanced expertise in business segmentation
- Superior communication and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Adept at influencing and prioritizing in a matrixed environment
- Expert at presenting ideas in a clear, compelling manner and with a high degree of executive presence
- 10+ years of proven management experience building, motivating, and coaching a product team
- Bachelor’s degree required
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $225,080.00 - $264,800.00 - $291,280.00