Global Tax Analyst
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S. Bank has a new position opening within our fast-growing Global Custody Operations group. The Global Tax Treaty Services team serves customers, who invest in ADRs or foreign securities, by offering technical assistance and document signing services, aimed to reduce clients’ administrative burden and minimize Global taxation, through double taxation treaties.
Responsible for the maintenance of client information and tax relief opportunities. Collaborates with internal business lines and clients to obtain documentation. Files relief at source and reclaim documentation as necessary. Develops and maintains tax strategies to minimize tax liability. Prepares and develops reports for management or for regulatory authorities. Responds to inquiries regarding eligible tax rates and opportunities for reclamation. Maintains adequate accounting and control for an assigned area.
- Document signing service through power of attorney
- Researching and resolving tax rate discrepancies
- Understand clients’ organizations, purposes, and legal structures to correctly allocate taxes, request tax documents, report beneficial owner detail to tax offices, and process foreign tax documentation.
- Monitoring tax reclaims until paid
- Liaising with local market experts on tax requirements and adapting internal processes, as applicable.
- Educating clients and internal business line partners on tax processes and requirements
- Effectively and accurately coordinate, manage and complete multiple duties and assignments concurrently and within acceptable timelines
- Understand and achieve established Service Level Agreements.
- Accountable for compliance with established department policies and procedures.
- Can discern time sensitive matters and prioritize accordingly
- Assist with updating and reviewing departmental procedures as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance efficiency and the control environment, and effect changes.
- Maintain awareness of legal and regulatory requirements, pertinent to trust and the securities industry.
- Participate in team and cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Four to six years of related experience
- Excellent problem-solving, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
- Thorough research skills to assist in reviewing government and regulatory laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis, forecasting, and planning
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $69,360.00 - $81,600.00 - $89,760.00