Marketing Science Analyst
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Reporting to an Analytics Manager, this person is responsible for helping accelerate the impacts of analytical measurement and experimental design in marketing, customer experience, products and the bank, in general.
This Analyst will partner with Consumer Deposits and Marketing Business Lines leaders to understand and qualify data requirements as well as analyzing data, research projects and present analytical solutions.
- Responsible for working on big data/analytics projects that gather and integrate large volumes of data, performs analysis, interprets results, and develops actionable insights and recommendations for use across the company.
- Responsible for audience selection, campaign design, and producing marketing measurement results
- Manage project workload and timelines within an agile environment.
- Develop technical documentation and client facing material.
- Interprets data and analyze results using various statistical techniques and tools.
- Presents data visualization and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the audience to quickly understand the results and recommendations so they activate upon them and make data driven decisions.
- Measures and monitors results of applied recommendations and present adjustments.
- Ensures all data acquisition, sharing and results of applied recommendations are compliant with company standards.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated professional who is passionate about data, has strong technical and analytical skills, understands the business goals/needs, and is committed to delivering data driven insights that lead to actionable recommendations.
This individual will also work to build strong and effective relationships across EAA and the Enterprise to determine greater needs for experimentation and marketing science, predict trends, and ensure business questions are being answered in the most appropriate manner, in service of acquiring, deepening, and retaining precious U.S. Bank Customer and Client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as econometrics, computer science, engineering or applied mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of statistics or analytics experience
- 5 to 7 years of practical analytics experience
- Expert user of advanced tools & techniques to perform analysis and interpret data
- Expert user of SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Strong ability to query data out of large data sets
- Tableau, Power BI, or similar analytics data visualization tools
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in designing a practical experiment and measuring marketing campaign effectiveness
- Expert in analytic storytelling and presentation, including PowerPoint and other tools
- Comfortable communication directly with the business line to understand analytic needs and to present findings back
- Experience in financial services, with deep knowledge of financial services products, customers, transaction and interaction data and source systems
- Experience working with Risk and Compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical analyses methodologies
- Proven track record of driving analytics into actionable business outcomes
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment as well as independently to drive results
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $102,340.00 - $120,400.00 - $132,440.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.