Derivative Business Analyst
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Derivative Pricing Group (DPG) Middle Office (MO) supports both Mortgage Servicing Hedge Team and CVA Trading Desk. In today’s complex and dynamic environment, DPG Business Analyst needs to have good understanding of derivative trading, risk management, and automation tools such as VBA or Python.
The Mortgage Servicing/CVA Operations Business Analyst will work closely with traders, risk managers, and other stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective operations of the trading desk while adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with xVA (CVA, DVA, FVA & FBA) Front Office and oversee various daily Middle Office functions, including Profit & Loss calculation, daily credit and funding valuation adjustment for derivatives portfolio, risk limit monitoring, credit rating monitoring and various reconciliations.
- Work closely Mortgage Servicing Right (MSR) Hedge team and oversee various daily Middle Office functions, including Profit & Loss calculation and predict, market date validation, independent price verification, liquidity reserve calculation and various reconciliations.
- Prepare and monitor applicable regulatory reports to senior management.
- Assist with various ad hoc projects.
- Work closely with the firm's compliance team to ensure that all trading activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including traders, risk Business Analysts, and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of related experience
- Thorough knowledge of policies, plans, procedures, products and regulatory requirements for assigned business unit
- Ability to conduct an analysis of a business need, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas and conferring with business line leaders
- Strong understanding of project management and testing methodology and procedures
- Ability to develop test schedules, review testing plans, track test issues and report on test results
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work as part of a project team
- Effective verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $83,980.00 - $98,800.00 - $108,680.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.