Administrative Assistant Supervisor - Law Division
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative, and successful financial institutions. We are committed to our purpose: we invest our hearts and minds to power human potential. Part of this commitment, and one of our core values, is the creation of a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Successful candidates for positions in the U.S. Bank Law Division consistently provide excellent service to clients and colleagues, on a variety of legal matters. They build trusting relationships that allow the business to make well-informed decisions. They work to attract, retain, and develop great people in an inclusive environment where each person is valued for the distinct skills and attributes they bring to the group. Meaningful collaboration, participation in the community, and investment in the development of the Law Division are all expected from candidates.
U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced candidate to supervise a team of administrative professionals in the delivery of high level, professional administrative services and expertise that requires in-depth knowledge of the assigned functional areas. This position will manage workflows and work schedules to ensure that service expectations for all levels of management are met. Candidate will exercise supervisory responsibilities concerning staffing model, performance appraisals, and organizational structure over assignment assembly. Candidate will provide guidance and supervision over training for the continued growth and development of the administrative assistant role. In addition, candidate will provide daily support to the in-house legal team in support of the U.S. Bank Wealth Management and Investment Services businesses.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides day-to-day supervision, training and guidance to employees in the assigned area; assistance in managing and supporting daily and ongoing workloads and ensuring that service expectations are met.
- Handles requests, conducts independent research and analysis, and provides responses; leverages knowledge and application of procedure and reference manuals and materials as well as other in-house and organizational resources as appropriate.
- Interprets and resolves inquiries from clients and internal sources regarding policies and procedures for the assigned area, utilizing experience, knowledge, available resources and independent judgement, as appropriate.
- Supervises specific projects or programs for area, interfacing with all levels of management as well as external resources, as appropriate; conducts detailed analysis and makes recommendations concerning the development and implementation of new project, trainings, programs and enhancements to existing programs and processes.
- Exercises authority of a supervisor concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and separations.
- May serve as liaison between internal customers and co-workers by responding to and resolving sensitive and complex issues in order to ensure strong client/employee relations; follow up as necessary to satisfactory resolution.
- Conduct regular meetings, both individually and collectively, to gather and share relevant information.
Candidate must be detail oriented, have excellent supervisory and organizational skills, and provide complex support services in a highly confidential environment under minimal supervision. Must exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external clients, employees, and management to handle independently a wide variety of situations and conflicts that are both routine and non-routine.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Eight to ten years of experience in project management activities
- Eight to twelve years of relevant supervisory work experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively within all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independence in making decisions
- Experience promoting a team environment
- Prioritization skills to meet deadlines and handle multiple high-priority tasks concurrently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
We are proud that U.S. Bank has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company® by the Ethisphere Institute and has been named the #1 Most Admired Superregional Bank by Fortune magazine.
Successful candidates for a position in the U.S. Bank Law Division support U.S. Bank’s core values, which guide what we do every day:
- We do the right thing.
- We power potential.
- We stay a step ahead.
- We draw strength from diversity.
- We put people first.
In the U.S. Bank Law Division, we honor those values through our mission: “we guide our clients to remarkable results with expert legal counsel and ethical leadership.” Our commitment is evident in the work we do, not only for the Bank, but for our communities. The Law Division has received several awards for its pro bono contributions, including the Minnesota Corporate Pro Bono Council’s “Excellence in Pro Bono Award,” and we encourage our legal professionals to contribute time and expertise to pro bono work as part of their role. In addition, the Law Division has been recognized for its leadership and engagement in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $102,340.00 - $120,400.00 - $132,440.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.