ERM Risk Professional
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Risk Professional role provides an exciting opportunity to gain insight to the organization. The position will interact regularly with risk managers within Risk Management & Compliance (RM&C) and the business lines as part of a team responsible for oversight of Enterprise Policies, Operating Committee Governance and End-User Computing Tool Governance.
- Working with all risk areas of the organization and interacting with varying levels of risk managers
- Gaining understanding of the risk management approach and priorities of the organization
- Developing enterprise project management and leadership skills
- Ensuring accurate and timely updates for assigned reports
- Assisting internal customers’ navigation of systems of record
- Reviewing and challenging authoritative documentation
- Developing and maintaining training materials, procedures, and guidance
- Coordinating processes between ERM, Second Line of Defense Risk Managers, and the Business Line Risk Managers
- Liaison between business partners and tech partners
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Typically more than two years of applicable experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarize complex ideas
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a constant focus on accuracy and quality in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate effectively with senior level management
- Ability to collaborate with others to meet the goals of the department and organization
- High level of initiative and ownership of responsibilities, applicant has a sense of urgency and proactively works to gain a thorough understanding of all reporting requirements, associated deliverables and deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Access) skills
- SharePoint development knowledge
- Power BI Development Experience
- Experience with Archer applications
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $69,360.00 - $81,600.00 - $89,760.00Job postings typically remain open for approximately 20 days of the posting date listed above, however the job posting may be closed earlier should it be determined the position is no longer required due to business need. Job postings in areas with a high volume of applicants, such as customer service, contact center, and Financial Crimes investigations, remain open for approximately 5 days of the posting listed date.