UGF Public Relations Analyst Intern
University Growth Fund
Marketing & Communications, IT
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Public Relations InternshipJob details Job Type: Unpaid, a part-time summer internship (scholarships are available) Number of Expected Hires for this Role: 2-4 QualificationsCurrent enrollment in an accredited university in Utah, San Diego, or the Atlanta Metro area.Public relations related areas of study such as Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, etc. All majors are welcome to apply.Minimum of 3 semesters left prior to graduation.Deep interest in developing a career in public relations and an interest in investing, entrepreneurship, and technology. Full Job DescriptionUniversity Growth Fund (UGF) is the largest education-based private equity fund in the country, giving university students the opportunity to gain real-world experience as they invest alongside top tier investors in many of the best companies in the country.The Public Relations Analyst Interns will be responsible for developing and executing plans for press and social media-driven campaigns in support of the brand, marketing, deal sourcing, and fundraising efforts of University Growth Fund and several of University Growth Fund’s portfolio companies.Interns will receive training and coaching from PR professionals as well as the management team at University Growth Fund. This is a very hands-on experience where interns will play critical roles in the development and implementation of plans to strengthen the brand of University Growth Fund and its portfolio companies.It is expected interns will develop key skills necessary to succeed in the profession of public relations and leave this internship with a strong portfolio of demonstrable work and outcomes that they helped achieve and a strong network of industry contacts. Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement program-specific, multi-channeled, integrated marketing and communication plans for UGF and UGF portfolio companies.
- Provide daily support managing and developing content for UGF’s website and social media platforms including copy, graphics and graphics design, videos, program information, and updates.
- Support in the production of videography for UGF that includes but is not limited to creating informational videos, filming interviews, events, check presentations, online forums, news conferences, and creating live streaming videos.
- Assist with brand management and increasing brand equity of UGF and UGF portfolio companies.
- Prepare and manage a quarterly newsletter for UGF stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and implement a social media campaign, including content creation and posting to social media channels on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement a public outreach campaign to support the University Growth Fund brand as well as the brands of select UGF portfolio companies.
- Create and update, as needed, existing branded materials and collateral for UGF programs, campaigns, and events.
- Participate in and help manage the creation of various forms of content and assist with the publishing of this content through multiple channels.
- Assist with outreach regarding student recruiting, events, fundraising, and general brand building for UGF.
- Assist in managing UGF’s electronic communications program with multiple stakeholder groups such as volunteers, nonprofit agencies, donors, and supporters.
- Assist with the tracking and archiving of media coverage during capital and fundraising campaigns and events to be included in media impact reports shared with staff, board members, and corporate sponsors.
- Develop a network of media contacts, journalists, influencers, and others that can help promote the UGF brand and content.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated proficiency with website development, including WordPress, Google Analytics, SEO.
- Demonstrated design proficiency with the ability to use various creative tools (Canva, Lucidpress, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing successful media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, and email.
- Skilled in photography, videography, and video editing.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work effectively under pressure with tight and often competing deadlines.
- Ability to understand and analyze trends.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from other student interns to UGF’s investors, to portfolio companies’ CEOs.
- Able to work within a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Exercise tact, objectivity, sensitivity, strategy, and sound judgment with a variety of people in a variety of situations.
- Ability to perform and function with minimal direction and oversight.
- Development of a strong network of industry commentators, journalists and publications.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Virtual meetings