Chargeback Specialist - On Site Columbus GA- $15.30 p/hr Day 1 Benefits & Weekday Schedule
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Mon-Fri Schedule Day Shifts ONLY
Summary of This Role
Responsible for research and resolution of customer charge backs. Requires detailed transaction research, analytical skills, and documentation of actions taken including phone calls to merchants, cardholders, and others as appropriate. Applies bank and card industry regulations and practices in resolving disputes. May also compile aggregate statistics on charge backs for use by the company in identifying patterns and improving overall customer service.
What Part Will You Play?
- Develops and applies the basic skills appropriate to research, process, and resolve chargeback/reversal requests for 3 or more dispute reason codes specific to 1 of the supported card brands, by utilizing established processes in a multi-client/system environment and adhering to association regulations. Gathers and analyzes cardholder and/or merchant account transactions to determine if the disputed transactions are covered under federal regulations, organizes supporting information, and applies appropriate credit/debit adjustments to accounts based on the final result of arbitration.
- Works basic assignments from work queues as directed. Assists with the segmentation of pending requests from various work queues into the appropriate work flow based on request type and complexity.
- Begins to develop an intermediate knowledge, pertaining to a single card brand (i.e. Visa/MasterCard/Discover/Amex), and federal regulations governing credit card chargebacks and reversals through training, online research of regulations, and adhering to department processes and procedures.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0-2 years related work experience handling dispute resolutions throughout the association lifecycle.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Skills / Knowledge - Working knowledge of association and card industry regulations
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.