Business Operations & Reporting Analyst I
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Based out of Columbus GA
Position not eligible for referral program
Summary of This Role
Performs a variety of financial and metric activities, including financial analysis, capitalization identification and tracking, budgeting, expenditure approvals, variance reporting, cost center management, monthly financial and performance metrics, ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial accounting principles. Develops and maintains financial and performance information, analysis on expenditures, and projections and analysis of financial information and prepares summary reports for management. Utilizes and provides training to staff on financial systems, databases, and software including exporting and importing files into databases.
This role will be focused on the maintenance of financial data and KPI reporting. This role is planned as a hybrid work role in Columbus, GA. Remote work will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
What Part Will You Play?
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of financial performance analysis and reports for budget, forecast and strategic plans.
- Assists with operational performance reporting for monthly business unit management meetings. Assists with maintaining business unit dashboard reports and other standard management information, ensuring data integrity in compilation of reports.
- Takes direction from the corporate Budget Office and Business Unit (BU) leaders during the annual budget process. Assists with providing annual budget instruction and information to Line of Business (LOB) leadership to support decision-making. Assists with monitoring budget performance by reviewing and analyzing actual expenditures and budget variances. Studies billing issues with more senior analysts and reviews their recommendations to billing queries from clients. Assists with budget preparation for unallocated general and administrative cost centers. Assists with preparation of approved budget variance analysis to aid management and executive planning and decision making.
- Assists in the preparation of the forecast of product usage/end of life/refresh trends and may work with licensing to ensure contract compliance.
- Communicates effectively with business unit leaders as needed. Escalates issues to more senior level analyst.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience or Degree in business or financial field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Extensive Spreadsheet Knowledge (Google Sheets and Excel)
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite Products for documents and presentations
- Effective Communication Skills
- Accounting / Finance Knowledge
- Experience with Communication with Multiple Levels of Management
- Revenue and Expense Budgeting and Forecasting Experience
- Working Understanding of common capitalization usage within multi year contractual SAAS environments
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.