Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Provides front line support in a conversion to ensure client functionality is properly selected to meet clients specifications and expectations resulting in a fully successful implementation. Sets up and installs technical systems, applications, or process designs for clients'/company's outsourced technology and business process solutions. Works directly with client to manage initial access, supports map and transfer data, creates required process documents, and trains or coordinates training for client users. Tests and troubleshoots functionality of installed systems; identifies and documents technical issues to be escalated to other product and system integration teams for resolution, where appropriate. Provides feedback based on client experiences to product and professional services teams for product and process improvements. May work directly with clients on-site or provide installation support remotely.
What Part Will You Play?
- Works with clients that have less complex setups to create system configuration for processing, receiving guidance as necessary. Serves as module(s) functional analyst while participating in scope/discovery meetings to understand clients' current solutions' offerings and future business needs. Begins to offer guidance and recommendations on product/service functionality when requested/directed. Participates in the review of scope documents and utilizes corrected document to propose preset Options configurations in preparation for future Options selection, test plans, and issue resolution sessions.
- Supports Option compares per region throughout an implementation and gains knowledge about possible actions needed to help the client resolve discrepancies. Acts as the primary point of contact for a single client on a single module or function and environment during the conversion/deconversion/start-up process. Participates in new environment set up and continues to build functional Subject Matter Expert (SME) foundation of knowledge and consults with clients and internal groups as needed.
- Begins to assist Data Map team with internal field Options level decision mapping; supports analysts in the validation that mapping is consistent with client configuration plan. Performs manual field level verifications for multiple events prior to conversion, as directed. Learns to analyze and define data (i.e., data mapping, product features, statements, cards, interfaces).
- Assists in First Occurrence testing (such as: statement drops, loyalty/reward updates, etc. for Issuing; end-to-end test transaction, interchange qualification monitoring, reject validation, etc. for Acquiring) to include modifying/creating test cases, creating test data, and documenting the results.
- Resolves issues (such as: general ledger tables out of balances or incorrect authorization parameter settings or chip cryptogram tag designs resulting in cardholder declines) through assisting in root cause analysis to gain understanding and communicates to areas impacted. Escalates appropriately when more complex impacts or issues arise. Updates the internal metrics and dash board tools throughout the implementation process.
- Provides support for preliminary client education on system functionality to include: gathering requirements; preparing documentation; testing and making formal presentations. Works with client and higher level analyst to provide functional education support for a smooth transition to the long-term support team.
- May develop simple business specifications and logical flowcharts that include features and functions from which programmers can create technical specifications while demonstrating a basic knowledge of systems/modules required to design system screens and database structures, where/when applicable.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Business or Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree, TSYS systems or industry related experience strongly preferred.
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Related Experience
- Experience in business, information systems, or finance related field required.
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Related Experience
- Experience in system integration, implementations, and conversions preferred.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Problem Solving - A professional with strong problem solving skills and problem resolution is based on a broad base of business knowledge.
- Prioritizing/Multi-tasking - Ability to manage priorities in a matrix managed environment.
- Facilitation and Negotiation - Demonstrates the ability to stay on task and lead to results, maintain scope, and negotiate between differing objectives to arrive at consensus within timeframes given.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.