Operations Analyst III
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
The Technical Advisor reports to the Director of Platform Operations and will serve as a technical consultant. Will provide the following tasks: Understanding and maintaining platform stability, maintaining vulnerabilities, and troubleshooting applications. Also required to have technical knowledge of the network and infrastructure needed to support on-prem and cloud front-end processing while ensuring the organization's direction is not compromised.
What Part Will You Play?
- Coordinates and/or provides technical direction and support to multiple work teams regarding multiple work components for a product, platform, or project solving the most complex or unique application issues. Work initiatives include fully authorizing and endorsing solution design, problem resolution and management, application maintenance, project requests and system enhancements. Work initiatives pose significant risk to the organization regarding impacts to other critical work streams, and involves the most complex system integration efforts and requires deep specialization of knowledge of multiple components.
- Is the primary technical escalation point for IT infrastructure and networks for supporting Tier one services.
- Leads and participates in meetings with the internal development team, working toward finding and determining solution approaches.
- Interacts with diverse levels of management, including senior management or possibly executive leadership and clients.
- Works with other team members and tracks assigned tasks for component(s) to keep on schedule and adjusts resource allocation based on work prioritization.
- Oversees review of deliverables for assigned tasks, ensures alignment with objectives, and provides feedback and recommendations.
- Oversees and provides training and mentoring to help team members increase their effectiveness.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Knowledge of Application, Network, protocol stacks, and their concepts.
- 1-2 years of Linux and HPSN Non-Stops/Tandem system administration experience in a 24/7 operating environment.
- Good understanding and some hands-on experience in TCP/IP, networking, and SSL certificates
- Experience with Cloud Services (for example Google, Amazon, Azure)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and business direction.
- Assist internal technical and operational personnel and ensure network and infrastructure are available for processing applications.
- Will play a pivotal role in implementing operational control, monitoring, and remediating platform vulnerabilities.
- Verify operating system configuration files, parameters, network settings, and other requirements for application changes.
- Assist in resolving problems associated with system outages, events, and incidents.
- Consult with technical owners to identify, adjust, and document current operating procedures as needed.
- Assist in other areas as directed
- Bachelor's Degree
Relevant Experience or Degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS, or Business or 5 or 6 years equivalent work experience, such as relevant technical background and/or work product/SME knowledge in lieu of a degree
Typically, a Minimum 5+ Years of Relevant job or technical understanding.
- Experience working in Credit Card or Financial industry is a plus
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Google Workspace and Google AppSheet,
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, or PowerShell)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad yet in-depth expertise and unique knowledge, uses skills to set and ensure the success of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways within environments and situations that are complex and difficult. Having ownership of a function, major account or matrix management responsibilities uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business through key initiatives, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry, such as technical committee and senior management review, exist at this level.
- Ability to assist with applications and networking in a UNIX/Linux and HPSN Non-Stops/Tandem environment.
- Visualize the application end to end and experience finding the gaps in the infrastructure, Network, and Monitoring.
- Job Complexity - Works on issues that impact day-to-day reliability of systems. Creates formal networks with key decision-makers and serves as external spokesperson for the team.
- Business Knowledge - Good knowledge of the business and how the technology he/she is leading is providing solutions to business .
- Technical Knowledge - In depth knowledge in the technology/area they are leading
- Communication Skills - Spoken and written English communication skills
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.