Material Supply Specialist
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Shift: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - 2:00 pm till 12:00 am - midnight
Summary of This Role
Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift or box van. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment. Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
What Part Will You Play?
- Assists and becomes familiar with required tasks in assigned production area to complete ordering/ staging of inventory for production operators and begins to learn how to operate a forklift/ box van/ other large machines to transport material as directed.
- Assists and becomes familiar with troubleshooting routine production and inventory issues. Becomes familiar with the identification and reporting process for inventory discrepancies.
- Assists with production process and learns the basic operation of a large/ complex production machine to gain basic knowledge of the entire production process for the primary functional area.
- Assists and becomes familiar with the proper means to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area following the "5S" Program (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) including Safety and Security, to enable "Just in Time" manufacturing.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically No Relevant Experience Required
- Manufacturing, inventory, warehouse operations
- None Identified
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Research Skills - Ability to research complex problems in shipping/delivering and inventory
- Computer skills - Knowledge in applicable software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Dynamic)
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.