Technical CSR II
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Receives and responds, via telephone, email, chat or SMS to technical customer service requests, inquiries and problems. Utilizes various databases to select the best processing method and explains the solution to the client in order to resolve the inquiry. Maintains an accurate and complete record of all inquires and problems handled. Operates a personal computer, mainframe, software packages and front end programs related to the client.
What Part Will You Play?
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME), resolve escalated/inbound client and/or merchants technical support issues relating to all supported point of service (POS) products, to include dial-up terminals, software-based and cloud-based systems. Creates processes and provide responses not included in the established documentation. Enters required and additional relevant information into databases while resolving customer issues achieving established goals and objectives for quality and productivity measures. Provides SME level advice for POS product issue resolution to less experienced Technical Customer Service Representatives (Tech CSRs) and researches solutions for new or previously unknown POS product issues.
- As the SME, identifies coaching/training opportunities within the team. Maintains an extensive knowledgebase of POS products, policies, procedures, compliance and association regulations through the continued participation in on-going training and reference to online manuals. Advises less experienced Technical Customer Service Representatives with the interpretation of association guidelines, policies and compliance regulations.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 6+ Years Relevant Exp
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Previous customer service experience with a focus on payments industry
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways. Ensures tasks of team are competed in a timely manner.
- Job Complexity - Consistently works on complex assignments requiring some independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures. Oversees a team and coordinates daily work covering multiple assignments.
- Supervision - Determine methods and procedures on new assignments with some independence. Often acts as a facilitator for group. Is formal team leader.
- Computer Skills - Basic computer skills
- Industry Knowledge - Ability to develop basic payments industry knowledge
- Research - Basic ability to research issues and resolve customer inquiries
This position is eligible to be considered for remote hiring
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.