Account Research Specialist
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Researches and responds to customer requests via mail, email, fax and other means pertaining to cardholder/corporate accounts and ensures compliance with client, regulatory, and Association rules and regulations. Utilizes extensive knowledge of banking products and services to research, update and document cardholder accounts. Recognizes potential fraud, credit, collection and chargeback issues and forwards them to the appropriate department.
What Part Will You Play?
- Becomes familiar with client products and services while assisting with routine updates and documentation (e.g. name/address changes, returned mail, etc.) of cardholder/corporate accounts. Follows client policies and procedures to validate report disputes from appropriate credit bureau systems as directed.
- Becomes familiar and assists with determining/recognizing the basis of cardholder requests that involve potential fraud, credit, collection or chargeback issues and forwards to the appropriate department for resolution. Picks up, reviews, sorts, digitally scans, and distributes mail for appropriate action, as directed.
- Follows basic client standards/policies/procedures, regulations and Association (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) requirements as observed through training, reference material and various software tools to prevent violations and punitive financial action, as directed.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically No Relevant Experience Required
- None Identified
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Computer skills - Knowledge in applicable software, e.g. Lotus Notes, Global Payments Applications, onBase, Microsoft Office, Credit Bureau system, client websites, payment processing systems
- Communication skills - Frequent written and verbal communication with cardholders, clients and vendors (US Postal Service)
- Industry knowledge - Strong knowledge of government regulations, client policies and Association compliance
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Applicants to roles based in the United States Only:
Except where prohibited by state law, Global Payments will give preference to candidates fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Team members are considered fully vaccinated after completing both primary vaccinations, if applicable, and after the requisite amount of time set by health authorities. Global Payments provides reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons or any other legally required reasons.