Production Service Technician
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Utilizes power tools, hand tools and a range of diagnostic equipment to provide mechanical and electronic support by installing, servicing, and maintaining specific production equipment while prioritizing work requests to minimize impacts to service level agreements. Works to insure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements as well as safe working procedures and policies. Conducts preventive maintenance on equipment and records data to track equipment performance and parts usage. Installs and maintains vendor software updates as provided. Assists in training production team members on routine mechanical matters or machine troubleshooting. Maintains appropriate skill level through study and review of technical manuals, publications or vendor updates.
What Part Will You Play?
- Utilizes basic equipment as part of diagnostic testing, to include: pressure gauges, calipers, and digital voltage meters. Trains on more complex equipment (O-scopes, computer based diagnostic tools, etc.) used in diagnostic testing by assisting in actual evaluations and issue assessment.
- Makes adjustments and repairs for basic to routine and occasionally complex equipment problems.
- Makes recommendations for repair of mechanical and electronic production equipment. Works on mail sort, unwinder, and folder units while building experience on pressure sealer, punch and perforation, folder, cutting, and bursting units. Makes repairs on 3 phase motors, pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC, gears, chains, pumps and conveyors, as directed.
- Recommends and documents preventive maintenance according to equipment specifications. Records downtime in database.
- Acquires ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints of equipment.
- Installs and updates basic equipment software and hardware.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically No Relevant Experience Required
- Require some prior maintenance experience or 2 year technical degree in lieu of experience
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Methodical - Acutely observant; deliberate and thorough in analyzing and addressing the situation
- Regulatory and Code - Basic awareness of Federal, State, and County Health and Safety Codes, Laws, and Standards
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.