Technical Support Representative
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
This position is for an Application Support Representative for our proprietary Xenial Back Office software.
Xenial Back Office Software provides food, labor and cash controls to operators and currently interfaces with more than 50 Point of Sale (POS) systems and food suppliers, including the top brands in both POS systems and food distribution for restaurants. This position operates in a help desk environment (Mon–Sun) located in Alpharetta, GA and involves application support including product installation, problem solving, product change requests, product administration, team collaboration, 3rd party vendor communication as well as addressing end user questions.
Must be a team player willing to help out in all aspects of Customer Support departmental duties.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting via telephone for application support issues reported by clients who use Xenial Back Office software.
- Work in cross-functional settings to isolate issues with technical support and/or application developers, to diagnose and provide client a timely resolution to issues.
- Create detailed documentation of support issues to clearly communicate status and problem/resolution activities to internal and external customers.
- Document product defects and change requests by clients in our internal issue tracking systems.
- Assist the Sales department with questions related to operation and functionality of Xenial Products
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including adhering to scheduling and attendance requirements
- Perform other duties as requested
- This position requires a professional presence, superior customer awareness and service skills, proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Restaurant experience with an understanding of multi-unit food and labor cost issues pertaining to day-to-day QSR operations.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Google product suites. Skilled use of computerized applications including basic understanding of programming/logical functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Associate’s degree or higher required, or equivalent years of experience.
- Typing 50+ wpm is required.
- QSR restaurant management experience preferred.
- Experience with Point of Sale systems is a plus.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish and/or French
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.