Debit Card Operations Analyst I (Hybrid Schedule)
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
**This is a hybrid, on-site role located at our Jeffersonville, IN office. 3 days in office and 2 days working from home.
Benefits starting day one!
Excellent Health insurance
Paid Family Leave
Summary of This Role
Implement and manage a system reconciliation service offered to company clients. Identifies and investigates out-of-reconciliation conditions work closely with other support teams to perform root cause analysis, implementing action plans for resolution. Initiates data fixes or other related actions to bring the system back to full reconciliation. Participates in internal payment system or client meetings as may be necessary to discuss and agree action plans to address out-of-reconciliation conditions.
What Part Will You Play?
- Builds an understanding of internal / external systems, processed and procedures by extracting relevant financial data from the payment system or other third party system in support of more experienced analysts producing daily/weekly client reconciliation reports. Supports more experienced analysts in the production of weekly reports detailing potential financial impacts due to delays in addressing out-of-reconciliation issues as directed.
- Assists more experienced analysts with gathering and organizing data to complete root case analysis to mitigate identified reconciliation process or transactional data issues as directed.
- Supports more experienced analysts when coordinating with other teams in the business to resolve process and/or transactional data issues raised.
- Supports more experienced analysts by drafting the relevant internal forms & paperwork for issues to the helpdesk. Assists with and occasionally compiles the history of financial reporting and makes it available to senior management as required.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Finance, Banking, IT or equivalent
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Basic knowledge and experience of financial reconciliation, preferably within the financial industry
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Microsoft Office Excel - Knowledge of macros, pivot tables and other advanced features of Excel
- Auditing - Knowledge of financial audit rules and processes
- Book Keeping - Knowledge of bookkeeping rules and processes
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.