Payroll Admin II
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Processes high-volume payroll for corporate location and multiple subsidiaries on a semi-monthly, biweekly and/or monthly basis. Maintains, processes, and verifies employee time and attendance detail, manually processes miscellaneous payroll adjusting entries, processes garnishment, child support, and tax levy payments. Prepares, processes, and maintains various other payroll-related matters and employee benefits such as 401(k) and flexible spending accounts.
What Part Will You Play?
- Participates in the payroll process by checking and auditing electronic time clock records; performs manual adjustments, as needed, to team member accruals (I.e., extra vacation day) and time sheets after schedules have closed (I.e., missed clock in/out), to ensure accurate account of hours to be paid. Enters adjustment line entries into the payroll system for processing. Assists with the calculation of earnings and deductions in accordance with established practices and guidelines. Polls electronic time clocks, prepares computer input forms, and reviews the downloads for completeness. Assists with the completion and preparation of Garnishment questionnaires, for review.
- Prepares and reviews Time and Attendance (T&A) reports and leave statements. Assists with providing information and reports to senior/lead payroll administrator(s) by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages, for review, trend analysis, and audit purposes.
- Applies familiarization of standard Human Resource (HR) concepts, practices, and procedures to provide overflow support for the HR Shared Services Team for inquiries directly from team members, retirees, beneficiaries, applicants, and/or HR representatives in the areas of password resets, open enrollment questions and during seasonal heavy call volumes (I.e., end of year W2). Begins to build a general understanding of State and Federal payroll tax laws, wage regulations, labor laws, and withholding order administration to provide assistance to team members with basic payroll and time keeping related questions. Assists with investigating and correcting payroll discrepancies and errors.
- Utilizes Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and timekeeping systems to capture the most up to date team member information by entering leave accruals and hours adjustments, tax form elections, direct deposit information, address changes, as necessary, other miscellaneous changes; to gather data; and assist with the processing of payroll and generation of reports.
- Assists with termination procedures by compiling materials for termination packets and auditing the exit check list to ensure completion and a smooth transition.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Payroll and HRIS knowledge
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- payroll experience
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Oral and Written skills - Excellent communication skills
- Technical ability - Microsoft Office; Human Resource Information Systems (Payroll, Time & Attendance)
- Organizational skills - Ability to stay focused and organized with large amounts of data
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.