Test Analyst V
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Carry out procedures to ensure that all applications under test (AUT) meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Document and work to identify all problems to ensure resolution. Report progress on testing and problem resolution to appropriate parties. Devise improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Perform work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
What Part Will You Play?
- Conducts online, batch and data verification testing (checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data migration is done) of the system and validates test results. Creates test designs based on project requirements and acts in a consultant capacity for other team members in the department on testing software techniques. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) when answering questions or providing guidance on complex projects (as defined by the client) to internal and external customers (i.e. other departments, clients). Designs complex contingency plans as needed. Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and resolve complex issues or system defects discovered during testing.
- Provides expert advice and interpretation of requirements to design in-depth testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for internal/external clients (i.e. technical and functional designs). Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and design as it relates to the testing design. Recognizes the interrelationships between the various functional components of the system (i.e. collections, posting, and authorizations) and the business, technical and project requirements to determine the appropriate testing methodology to use during test execution and validation. Performs risk assessment and analysis requirements for integrated testing. Coordinates and provides expert instruction on appropriate test designs, plans and strategies to ensure that new functionality does not adversely affect current software functionality.
- Provides SME advice, interpretation and analysis on design processes aimed at increased efficiency, performance and reliability (automation, load and performance) and use of automated testing tools to create, design and execute test plans. Consults with technical resources in the testing environment when making decisions regarding the best use of test automation tools.
- As the SME, collaborates and partners with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop complex test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing. Uses experience to make insightful and logical decisions on plans, conditions and cases. Develops, administers and recommends best practices to perform specialized and in-depth test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Communicates with manager on a regular basis (project requirements, issues resolutions, etc.), and disseminates information to project sponsors, business analysts, and programmers. Evaluates, interprets and provides guidance on the various components of systems, applications and multiple environments and advises leadership on complex issues.
- Provides SME interpretation on developing non-routine documentation of test/defect reports and uses experience and expertise to follow more difficult and intricate defects through to resolution and closure. Reviews documentation such as business and technical specifications in order to ensure that the documentation is updated and accurate.
- Maintains, administers, interprets and communicates procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance according to how they are applied in testing activities.
- Provides guidance to Test Analysts and advises leadership on complex issues. Provides the highest level of business/technical expertise, providing both internal and external consulting services; plans, conducts, and executes research and/or development work on more complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- As the Subject Matter Expert, (SME) acts as a single point of contact for large and / or highly complex client projects with regard to test activities and provides expertise to other Test Analyst. . Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certification
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- IBM Mainframe Systems - TSO, JHS, CICS
- Software Tools - HP Quality Center, IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM File Manager, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quick Test Professional/Unified Functional Testing, SoapUI, Soap Sonar, HP Service Test, MS Visual Studio, HP Performance Center/Load Runner, Jmeter, IBM Rational Team Concert, Selenium, Eclipse, SQL Profiler, Putty, Toad, Junit and Nunit Testing Frameworks, Application Lifecycle Management Tools, Paragon Fast Test, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.