Test Analyst II
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Carry out procedures to ensure that all applications under test (AUT) meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Document and work to identify all problems to ensure resolution. Report progress on testing and problem resolution to appropriate parties. Devise improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Perform work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
What Part Will You Play?
- Conducts online, batch and data verification testing (checked for accuracy and inconsistencies after data migration is done) in assigned functional area(s) and creates test designs according to project requirements. Effectively uses the different types of testing techniques (i.e. positive, negative, regression) while performing test analysis on moderate level project requirements (as defined by the client) and identifies/reports issues as appropriate.
- Analyzes requirements necessary to design testing strategies (testing objective, methods of testing new functions, total time and resources required for the project, and the testing environment) for internal/ external clients (i.e. technical and functional designs) and develops knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and design (define user needs) as it relates to the test design.
- Utilizes identification and design processes to increase efficiency, performance and reliability (automation, load and performance). Demonstrates a working knowledge of the use of automated testing tools and executes manual and automated tests.
- Works with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing, and performs test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Works with programming to condition accounts and execute special testing requirements for test validation. Demonstrates a base knowledge of using multiple environments to validate test conditions and review data values by explaining the various components of systems and applications to leadership.
- Documents test results and creates detailed and accurate defect reports. Follows all defects through to resolution and closure.
- Applies a basic knowledge of procedures, methodology and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related compliance to testing activities.
- Acts as a single point of contact for assigned small, less complex client projects with regard to test activities. Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge and IBM Rational tools
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Relational databases, Bankcard industry knowledge
- Working towards the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certification
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Software Tools - JIRA, qTest, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quick Test Professional/Unified Functional Testing, SoapUI, Soap Sonar, HP Service Test, MS Visual Studio, HP Performance Center/Load Runner, Jmeter, Selenium, Eclipse, SQL Profiler, Putty, Toad, Junit and Nunit Testing Frameworks, Application Lifecycle Management Tools, Paragon Fast Test, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.