Settlement Team Leader
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Manages the general accounting function of the accounting team, ensuring the accuracy and maintenance of the ledger accounts and the resultant financial statements. Develops and implements accounting policies and operations of accounting systems, and financial report preparation. Provides technical expertise and advice to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities. Plans and coordinates preparation of financial and operating reports. Manages the activities to generate accounting information related to company operations, with the objective of conforming to current legislation and closing deadlines, as well as furnishing information to company administrators to enable the taking of preventive actions.
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides supervision for the accounting team in establishing department goals, defining roles and responsibilities, and implementing process improvement initiatives. Identifies and evaluates the work processes and recommends changes to increase productivity and efficiency. Provides tactical leadership on matters related to accounting.
- Manages projects which include analysis, scoping, budgeting, planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue follow-up. Implements the redesign and alignment of a single process across all accounting teams. Works on ad-hoc improvement projects, recommends changes to established methods and implements new processes within the teams in order to obtain efficiencies. Identifies software requirements and enhancements needed based on strategic and departmental goals. Liaises with procurement team in the business on any purchasing projects.
- Maintains end-to-end knowledge of accounting invoices, purchase orders and expense cycle. Ensures all accounting ledgers are accurate and all invoices are posted and paid in a timely manner by using a variety of methods and in multiple currencies. Acts as the subject matter expert for the OS billing system. Maintains and applies professional knowledge and in-depth understanding of the key technical issues regarding the mainframe and accounting System to assist less experienced team members. Ensures that the invoice sign off authority is within company authorization guidelines.
- Maintains accounting ledger and month end activities. Addresses and resolves any queries arising on supplier invoices, with both internal and external suppliers as required. Generates and monitors the aged creditor reports and ensures overdue amounts are resolved. Carries out month end closing process and complex reconciliations of the ledgers and supplier accounts. Supports the team if identified excessive expenses need to be challenged.
- Supports cost center managers by having monthly cost center reviews. Reviews and comments on the monthly variances. Supports cost center managers through the quarterly forecasts and the yearly budget process.
- Supports all internal and external audit reviews with the accounting team. Provides audit, balancing, invoice reconciliation and Significant Class of Transaction (SCOTs) audit support. Ensures that documentation is preserved and can be retrieved for Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) audits, legal or management reviews. Reviews work for alignment with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Monitors, reviews and assists with the interpretation of proposed and new regulation changes and provides analytical support of technical accounting guidance for various company groups.
- Provides settlement funding support. Interfaces with the clients and ensures that card scheme figures are reported accurately for each scheme and client within the critical time period of an individual client's Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 4 years
- related professional experience
- None Identified
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.