Field Service Technician
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
- On-site implementation of Nextep’s foodservice technology solutions
- Configure Nextep solutions for installation, including item and menu building
- Provide USB peripheral installation and troubleshooting
- Install, configure, and test third party interfaces (POS, Merchant Gateways, etc.)
- Develop detailed product knowledge of the Nextep product suite
- Diagnose hardware, software, and configuration issues
- Maintain and improve documentation related to installation and support procedures
- Provide remote training to Nextep’s customers
- Interact with customers with a positive and encouraging attitude
- Provide occasional evening and weekend support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven customer service skills - the ability to listen with empathy, quickly and accurately determine the root cause of issues, patiently offer explanations and corrections, all while maintaining a high degree of positivity.
- Must be comfortable with assigning IP addresses, network troubleshooting and topology, VLANs, and subnets. May also need to terminate Ethernet cables and punch down cables.
- Must be able to review software logs and find issues and suggest user and administration experience improvements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and with Google Suite.
- Experience with USB peripheral installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with remote access software and support.
- Experience with networking (physical and logical).
- Experience with software QA.
- Database experience and understanding.
- Knowledge of graphic design and file formats.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues.
- Exceptional work ethic, timely completion of tasks.
- Great attitude and enthusiasm.
- Excitement about our products.
- Associates Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years IT experience
- Travel 75% to100% of each month
- Willingness to obtain clearance for on-site visits to customer locations, including Government sites.
- Must have reliable transportation so as to travel to (and be available) as business demands.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.