Production Service Technician
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Utilizes power tools, hand tools and a range of diagnostic equipment to provide mechanical and electronic support by installing, servicing, and maintaining specific production equipment while prioritizing work requests to minimize impacts to service level agreements. Works to insure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements as well as safe working procedures and policies. Conducts preventive maintenance on equipment and records data to track equipment performance and parts usage. Installs and maintains vendor software updates as provided. Assists in training production team members on routine mechanical matters or machine troubleshooting. Maintains appropriate skill level through study and review of technical manuals, publications or vendor updates.
What Part Will You Play?
- Utilizes basic and complex equipment and tools as part of diagnostic testing, handling more complex problems and equipment failures. Occasionally trains lower level technicians on proper use of equipment. Installs, repairs, and upgrades diagnostic software.
- Makes adjustments and repairs for routine to complex equipment problems. Recommends corrective action beyond internal resources for necessary action.
- Repairs mechanical and electronic production equipment throughout the production area, including 3 phase motors, pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC, gears, chains, pumps, and conveyors, as well as specialized equipment (mail sort, unwinder, folder, pressure sealer, punch and perforation, folder, cutting, and bursting units).
- Performs and documents preventive maintenance according to equipment specifications. Assists in reviewing records for preventive maintenance scheduling.
- Reads and interprets schematics and blueprints. Occasionally provides guidance to lower level technicians.
- Assists in training new maintenance team members in tasks, processes, and procedures. Trains production operators on routine machine troubleshooting and notifies production leadership of potential issues.
- Installs and updates complex equipment software and hardware. Evaluates new equipment for purchase/lease and makes requests.
- Maintains and inventories spare parts and related supplies. Recommends orders for replacement parts.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience with electro mechanic equipment in manufacturing environment
- Associate's Degree
- Prefer technical school degree in related field and some additional related training
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments requiring considerable initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Supervision - Proposes methods and procedures on new assignments. May be informal team leader.
- Methodical - Acutely observant; deliberate and thorough in analyzing and addressing the situation
- Regulatory and Code - Ensure that all Federal, State, and County Health and Safety Codes, Laws, and Standards are adhered to
The position listed in this requisition is ineligible for the referral bonus award program.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.