Outside Sales Representative
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
TouchNet, a Global Payments Company, is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team! Ever since its inception, TouchNet has focused on its unwavering commitment to a seamless unification of campus commerce. Today, our products give our customers superior edge-to-edge campus commerce automation, security and integration. Our product suite consists of three connected platforms: uCommerce, OneCard and Transaction Services.
This is a business to business sales and technical consulting role involved with selling large dollar value integrated campus credential, access and dining solutions in the higher education market. In this role you will be responsible for partnering with other Regional Sales Representatives to drive sales from lead to close, focusing on creating new relationships with campuses who are not yet TouchNet customers. Responsible for selling merchant services offerings to businesses. Activities include pricing, customer segmentation, customer presentations, account sign-up and activation, and account management. Primarily field sales to area businesses; depending on scale, some business may be conducted over the phone.
Our ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
Demonstrate a consultative sales approach, with the ability to drive the process with the decision maker and close the sale
Have prior experience in long sales cycles involved with process and system changes
Prior experience with campus card systems or a proven ability to master tech-heavy solutions
In this role you will be expected to develop and manage customer relationships and work with all levels of stakeholders within the client’s organization by building rapport and becoming the OneCard expert in their eyes
Ability to communicate TouchNet’s business value to the client base
Proven ability to drive results within your given territory
Diligent tracking of your sales forecast and activities, providing reporting (through Salesforce) to TouchNet’s leadership
A minimum of 3 years sales or relevant customer-facing experience demonstrating the ability to achieve goals and drive revenue using proven methods
Ability to develop and manage C-suite relationships and work with multiple client-based stakeholders
Strong communication skills
Excellent presentation and writing skills
Effective time management and organization abilities
Expert networking ability and business development internally and externally
Ability to collaborate with other territory managers across the Global Payments Campus Solutions team to assist in selling the complete suite of software, services and processing
Ability to travel to designated regions 50-60%
3 - 5 years of experience with enterprise level technology sales or service, demonstrating the ability to achieve goals and drive revenue using proven methods
Bachelor’s degree, preferred
Prior experience in higher education industry, preferred
Summary of This Role
Responsible for selling merchant services offerings to businesses. Activities include pricing, customer segmentation, customer presentations, account sign-up and activation, and account management. Primarily field sales to area businesses; depending on scale, some business may be conducted over the phone.
What Part Will You Play?
- Manages a portfolio of clients for the company, typically with an annual net revenue value of $200,000 or more. Identifies revenue opportunities and prospective clients within assigned territories through face to face meetings, telephone communications, marketing programs, and other activities as needed. Conducts face to face meetings with prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline. Ensures suspect identification, planning, account qualification, and needs analysis at all prospect levels. Responds to customer requests for information and gives online presentations. Identifies and closes additional product and/or service sales with existing clients to further develop the client relationship. Manages client relationships and expectations during the sales cycle.
- Maintains existing/prospective client records, in accordance with company policies, to include call notes, scheduled client interactions, contact information, and other relevant client information, in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system; currently SalesForce.com. Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Develops knowledge of current product/service portfolio as well as changes and developments within the payments industry.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: No degree Specified
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Related Experience
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- B2B sales experience, cold calling sales experience, demonstrated successful performance in previous sales job
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Supervision - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the merchant payment industry
- Decision Maker - Advanced ability to be an effective problem solver and act quickly to resolve issues
- Communication - Effective listener and communicator who is able to establish long lasting customer relationships
TouchNet is a leading provider of integrated, comprehensive, and secure commerce and credential solutions for colleges and universities. Institutions of higher education rely on TouchNet to unify and secure payments, permissions, and other related business transactions campus-wide. TouchNet’s unmatched integration, transparency, and security give institutions greater control over transactions, costs, and compliance, while providing greater operational efficiencies and self-service access to real-time information. TouchNet is a Global Payments company. (NYSE: GPN)
TouchNet Information Systems is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Our vision is to be “Champions of Inclusion.” We are fully committed and focused on creating a better tomorrow in the communities in which we live and work. Diversity is a core value and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment.
The US base salary for this full-time position is $65,000 + Commission + Benefits. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.