Risk & Compliance Analyst
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Summary of This Role
Performs and assists in development of enterprise-level risk management and operational compliance functions. Assists in establishing and maintaining risk policies and programs to ensure organizational compliance. Reviews and sets business, operational, and credit risk criteria across the range of segments and products. Ensures performance tracking and evaluation. Responsible for data gathering or manipulation, report creation, system or process creation and implementation. Mitigation can be defined as adapting and enforcing sound credit card policy criteria, maintaining adherence to all operating regulations and strategies published by the card brands and other legal/ regulatory bodies, training and engaging team members and leaders and developing strong data delivery and reporting in support of all contractual obligations.
What Part Will You Play?
- Is Subject Matter Expert (SME), proactively collects and analyzes relevant industry, regulatory, and best practice information to determine possible impacts. Develops highly creative solutions to respond to unusually complex or unique business needs, emerging threats, risk exposure and cost impact. Develops less experienced team members. May facilitate deep dive reviews across segments assessing total risk exposure, impact and threats.
- Establishes and maintains Risk and Compliance policies and assumes ownership for programs which promote risk management and ensure compliance to regulatory operating regulations and guidance as pertains to governance, data security and privacy, business continuity, safety, ethical business practices, and to the financial services industry. Determines methods to perform second line of defense monitoring / verification of work processes to evaluate effectiveness of established controls. Develops GRC and technical tools to facilitate processes. Provides oversight of proper documentation retention of training, events, activities, etc. to meet internal, client, and external audit compliance.
- Communicates identified Risk and Compliance gaps or emerging threats to Senior Management by identifying potential operational, financial or reputational exposures and impacts with recommended remediation and communication plans for issue resolution. Facilitates and ensures regular update reporting is provided to Senior Management on the status of programs, products, projects, and process improvements.
- Leads non-routine, unusually complex projects with significant impact. Tasks tend to be highly specialized in nature in one or more functional area requiring management of requirements, schedule, resources, and deliverables. Identifies needs, develops, and conducts training for team members and leaders related risk management and compliance.
- Participates in Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Disaster Recovery (DR), and annual testing programs. Responsible for IT continuity planning and coordinating periodic exercises of recovery capabilities for critical services across all relevant IT Operations and with Client participation. Oversight of Remediation tasks from Disaster Recovery exercises. On-going stakeholder management of client teams during DR test lifecycle.
- Produce formal reports for client teams to confirm DR/ BCP test results and any remediation actions as required.
- Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders; ensure clear communication of the WHY/ WHERE/ WHAT context of Compliance requirements and promote awareness of Risk and Compliance principles with the organizations' 1st Line of Defense.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Business, Criminal Justice or MIS preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Master's Degree
- Business, Criminal Justice, Information Security, Risk Management or MIS
- Project Management
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- Technical - Microsoft Office
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.